Soldiers emerge as the most attractive men among professionals like Lawyers, Bollywood actors, IAS Officers and Corporate Executives epitomizing the best fusion of 5 core values of Confidence, Courage, Integrity, Camaraderie and Grooming.
New Delhi: In a nation-wide survey conducted by Nielsen India, Indian men and women uniformly declared Soldiers as the professionals which best embodies the fusion of values of Confidence, Courage, Integrity, Camaraderie and Grooming. Soldiers emerged as the winner over other professions like Corporate, IAS Officers, Lawyers as well as Bollywood actors with the perfect balance of these values.
Some of the key survey revelations included:
- 87% women feel that their partner looks manlier after a clean shave.
- 91% women and 95% men feel that the 5 qualities of a soldier – courage, confidence, camaraderie, grooming and integrity will make them/their partner a better person.
- 82% men and 84 % women feel that it is important to have the quality of grooming.
- 86% men and 83% women feel that men with soldier values have better prospects of being chosen as a groom for your daughter/sister.
- 70% women feel they are more likely to go a date with someone who possesses the 5 values.
Earlier this month, Gorgeous Bollywood divas Lisa Haydon and Neha Dhupia came together to kick start ‘Gillette Men Wanted’ in conjunction with the national survey, to hunt for the profession which best exhibits the five core values. They also encouraged consumers to vote for the professions that are a perfect blend of the 5 values.
Further to this nationwide hunt, Soldiers emerged as the winner by a huge majority. In keeping with the spirit of the best a man can get, Gillette salutes the Soldier winners chosen by Indians by unveiling a new range of specially designed soldier packs. Through this campaign, Gillette India will help generate funds for the welfare of soldiers & their families and will channelize the resources via a well-known NGO ‘Sainik Welfare Organization’.
Sainik Welfare Organization-India is a social service organization with the sole objective of serving two segments of central government uniformed personnel, the Serving and the Retired who shares the right to a decent standard of living together within the same community after retirement from active service.
The funds will be used towards supporting soldiers in need, covering the below:
- Retired Soldiers
- Injured/Deceased Soldiers
- Families of soldiers who are in need
Actor Arjun Rampal & Brand ambassador of Gillette India said, ” I stand by the 95% of men in India who believe that imbibing the values a Soldier stands for will make one a better person. In fact, what was more interesting to note was that a majority of Indian men and women feel soldiers are more attractive while compared to Bollywood actors! I, however agree with them as I personally take my inspiration from my grandfather, Brigadier Rampal, who is an army man and a perfect fusion of Courage, Integrity, Camaraderie, Confidence and Grooming. It is also crucial to realize that there is a soldier in each one of us and all we have to do is imbibe these values. Let’s start by showcasing our support and salute the soldiers.”
Kapil Dev, illustrious cricketer and Hon. Lieutenant Colonel said, “It is extremely important to be confident in whatever one does. I completely agree with Arjun Rampal that a soldier is an ideal fusion of the qualities of Courage, Integrity, Camaraderie, Confidence and Grooming and Gillette believes that there is a soldier in each and every one of us. The fact that 92% of the Indian population believes that imbibing soldier’s values will make the country a better place is a huge testament to the recognition and gratitude amongst Indians for the soldiers”.
Grooming once again emerged as one of the key attributes with 82% men and 84 % women stating that it is important to have the quality of grooming as it not just makes a man look attractive but it also defines how disciplined he is in his life. According to the survey conducted, 87% of the women felt that their partners looked manlier after a clean shave. Even the Indian men reflected the same sentiment with 84% of them claiming they feel manlier when they spot the clean shaven look.
Neha Dhupia, leading Bollywood actress said, “It is a known fact that women are extremely selective while choosing the right partner. Along with 91% of Indian women I strongly believe that my perfect man would be someone who has in him the qualities of Confidence, Courage, Integrity, Camaraderie and Grooming. I personally feel that grooming is the most important value and that is why I have been associated with Gillette for a number of years now. Men need to pay more attention to their grooming because a well-groomed look enhances a man’s personality and makes him even more attractive in the eyes of his woman. Even the nation agrees with me as 86% men and 83% women feel that men with soldier values have better prospects of being chosen as a groom for their daughter/sister”.
The Nielsen survey findings brought to light some interesting facts about importance of possessing the 5 core values.
- 87% women feel that a soldier possesses courage.
- 85% men feel that a soldier possesses courage.
- 88% women feel that a soldier possesses integrity.
- 86% men feel that a soldier possesses integrity.
- 87% women feel that a soldier possesses confidence.
- 80% men feel that a soldier possesses confidence.
- 78% women feel that soldier is the most groomed profession.
- 78% men feel that a soldier is the most groomed profession.
- 89% women feel that it’s very important for their man to have camaraderie.
- 87% men feel that it’s very important for a man to have camaraderie.
- 95% men says that imbibing the qualities (values) of the soldier will make them a better person.
- 91% women say that their partner would become a better person if they imbibe the qualities(values) of the soldier.
- 92% people say that imbibing soldier’s values will make the country a better place.
- 71% women are more likely to go on a date with a guy who imbibes all the 5 values.
*Gillette India Limited claim based on research conducted by Nielsen, in Jan 2011, amongst 611 respondent.