Furniture stock of  Maple Furniture gutted in the fire
Furniture stock of Maple Furniture gutted in the fire
Cuttack: A major fire in the ground floor of Indrani Apartment here on Friday, destroyed properties worth over lakhs of rupees. Fortunately there has been no casualties or injuries in the fire accident.

According to sources, the fire broke in the ground floor of the apartment which is occupied by a furniture manufacturing unit, Maple Funiture.

Residents of the flats immediately rushed out and informed the Fire Station. Three fire tenders were rushed to the spot. It took near about an hour to put off the fire. The entire furniture stock of the showroom was gutted in fire.

As per sources the fire was caused by a short-circuit.