Cuttack: The Judicial Commission headed by Justice P K Mohanty appointed by the Government began its probe into the sensational Pipili gangrape case on Wednesday.
Surprisingly a large number of political and social organisations had come up to the roads demanding proper justice to the victim. The Commission had invited affidavits from public by February 3. But so far only six villagers from the victims native village and a lawyer from Orissa High Court Nishikant Mishra, who also belongs to Pipili, have filed affidavits before the Commission.
Surprisingly no affidavit has yet been filed by neither the family members nor the relatives of the victim.
As only seven affidavits have been filed so far, the Commission has decided to issue notices to several persons and organizations to file their affidavits before the Commission. The Commission also informed that it would also issue notices to persons concerned in connection with the case for appearance before the Commission.
The Commission on Wednesday said (if needed ) it would also visit Pipili for an on the spot inquiry about the incident, sources said.
It is noteworthy to mention that bowing to public outcry over the gangrape and the alleged involvement of some local BJD members, the State Government had ordered a judicial probe into the matter.
Meanwhile, the Crime Branch, who is investigating into the alleged Pipili gangrape incident submitted its second chargesheet in the incident against Premananda Nayak and Gunachandra Swain at the JMFC court, Pipili on Wednesday.
Both were chargesheeted under section 506 (criminal intimidation) and 34 (common intention) of IPC and several other charges under SC and ST (Prevention of Atrocities) Act.