Mr. R. S. Sodhi, Managing Director of GCMMF (Amul), addressing the students of KSRM on Tuesday
Mr. R. S. Sodhi, Managing Director of GCMMF (Amul), addressing the students of KSRM on Tuesday
Bhubaneswar: The 6th Foundation Day Lecture at KIIT School of Rural Management (KSRM), was organised at KIIT University on November 20, 2012.

Addressing the students of KSRM, Mr. R. S. Sodhi, Managing Director of GCMMF (Amul) said, Dr. Verghese Kurien, the Father of White Revolution in India, had atmost respect for the wisdom of Indian farmers and the expertise of competent professionals and was against policy measures such as FDI in retail sector, since he felt that such a move would be detrimental to the interest of Indian farmers.

Adding more, Mr. Sodhi said that the term ‘Rural Management’ was first introduced by Dr. Kurein as he knew that there was no dearth of Institutes imparting management education to cater to urban India constituting only 30% of our population. The rest 70% of the population residing in rural India have few centers of management education modeled specifically to their needs.