New Delhi: Attending party after party this festive season? Make sure you wear your make-up and your tresses in the right way to make a style statement.
Aakriti Kochar, beauty and make-up expert at Oriflame India, suggests some trends that you can follow to put your best foot forward at parties:
– Shimmer it out: For the festive season, the best way to bring a glow to your face is by adding a dash of shimmer. Add gold or silver shimmer on top of your eyes in the evenings.
– Get a festive glow: Using bronzers and highlighters will make your skin glow, making it as wonderful as the glow of Christmas. Bronzers not only add colour but also define your cheeks to highlight your best features.
– Be bold: Defining brows is an essential part of grooming you face. It helps in framing the face well and it automatically adds boldness.
– Line up eyes well: Playing with eyeliners is a good idea this season. Wear from very sleek to thick black and interestingly shaped eyeliners and pick the colour red for your lips to relate to the festive colour. Bronzed skin, groomed brows with these do justice to this look.
– Playing with shadows: If you like to experiment with eye shadows, wear gold or silver eye shadow in combination with purple, blue or green in horizontal or vertical stripes and blend it well. Wear a thin eyeliner and lots of mascara to make your eyes stand out. Neutral skin and nude lips with gloss will complete the look.
– Spellbinding lashes: Someone who wants to dramatize their look can wear false lashes. There is a wide variety available – coloured, studded, gold or silver, long or volumised.
– Go slick and sleek: When going dramatic with the make-up, wearing a sleek high ponytail gives an amazingly glamorous and slick look.
– Go bold and the beautiful: One can also wear a signature bold eyeliner and open the hair with soft wavy curls to look mesmerisingly beautiful.
– A bun for everyone: Tie your hair into a chic bun at the back or on the side with a bold lip colour to look fabulous for those elegant dinners and parties.
– A part of Christmas: For an even more glamorous look, part the hair to the side in open wavy curls and let it fall on one shoulder. The look is complete with a bright red lipstick.
– Bouncing with joy: When opting for subtle make-up, blow dry your hair and give it bouncy layers. The key is to still make the face glow. One can also play with different kinds of blushes. Creamy and gel based blushes are a hit for this weather as they add the needed gloss and shine.
– Get creative: Paint your nails in bright tones of reds or get interesting nail arts with graphics and studs as per your choice.