Los Angeles: Singer Jessica Simpson, who has been open about her weight issues, gives credit to “eating real food” for her svelte figure. Others can also try out one of her favourite recipes for weight loss.
Here’s the recipe to prepare Italian baked egg and vegetable ramekins, reports eonline.com:
* Plum tomatoes (cut into one-inch chunks): One pound
* Red bell pepper (cut into 3/4-inch pieces): One
* Zucchini (quartered lengthwise, cut crosswise into ¾-inch chunks): One
* Onion (halved lengthwise, sliced): One
* Garlic cloves (minced): Two
* Dried basil: Half teaspoon
* Salt: Half teaspoon
* Black pepper: One-fourth teaspoon
* Eggs: Four
* Grated fat-free Parmesan cheese: One-fourth cup
* Heat oven to 400°F and spread a large, shallow roasting pan with non-stick spray.
* Put tomatoes, pepper, zucchini, onion, garlic, basil, salt, and pepper in the pan and spray with non-stick spray; toss to coat. Roast, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are crisp-tender, about 30 minutes.
* Spray ramekins or custard cups with non-stick spray. Divide vegetables evenly among cups. Make a well in the centre of the vegetables and carefully break one egg into each cup. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Place cups on baking sheet and bake until eggs are just set, 20 to 25 minutes. Then serve.