Over the past many years, Yoga has become a popular form of exercise around the world, it not only exercises the body, but also the mind. The first International Day of Yoga was observed around the world on 21 June 2015. The Ministry of AYUSH made the necessary arrangements in India. Over 35,000 people, including Narendra Modi and dignitaries from 84 nations, performed 21 asanas (yoga postures) for 35 minutes at Rajpath in New Delhi on that day.
International Day of Yoga is celebrated every year on 21 June, since 2015, and is a recognised event all around the world. It is a widely known fact that the physical, mental and spiritual practice of yoga originated in India.
This June 21 will mark the sixth edition of International Day of Yoga, and given how the coronavirus pandemic has resulted in global lockdowns, the theme this year is, ‘Yoga at Home and Yoga with Family’. So while you practise asanas at home, make sure you send some Yoga inspiration to your near and dear ones.
Here Are 8 Health Benefits of Yoga:
- Improves Flexibility
- Builds Strength
- Increases Muscle Tone
- Improves Balance
- Supports Joint Health
- Prevents Back Pain
- Teaches Better Breathing
- Fosters Mental Calmness
Here are few quotes to share on WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, this International Yoga Day:
- To perform every action artfully is yoga- Swami Kripalu
- Yoga is almost like music in a way; there’s no end to it- Sting, musician
- Yoga is the perfect opportunity to be curious about who you are- Jason Crandell
- Yoga is a light, which once lit, will never dim. The better your practice, the brighter the flame- BKS Iyengar
- The most important pieces of equipment you need for doing yoga are your body and your mind- Rodney Yee
Let’s all of us make Yoga a daily part of our life and live life to the fullest. Have a blessed yoga day.