- 100 gms Arhar Dal (Harada Dal)
- 50 gms raw Papaya
- 2-3 Potatoes
- 50 gms Pumpkin
- 1 big Onion (Sliced)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2-3 tbsp Refined Oil for tempering (Chunka)
- 2-3 Dry Chillies for tempering (Chunka)
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- Salt to Taste
- Wash the vegetables. Cut them into small pieces.
- Put the cut vegetables, Arhar Dal, Salt, Turmeric powder and 3 cups of water in a Pressure Cooker and boil on medium flame.
- After 2 whistles switch off the gas.
- Take oil in a pan. Add Cumin seeds, Mustard seeds, dry Chillies and sliced Onions. Saute for 2 mins.
- Add the mixture to the Pressure Cooker containing the boiled dal and vegetables and stir well.
- Add Roasted Cumin Powder to it and mix it well.
- Close the lid of the Pressure Cooker and allow it (the ingredients inside the Pressure Cooker) to boil for 2 mins.
The dish is now ready to be served with Rice or Chappati.