- 200 gms Ridge Gourd (Janhi)
- 1 big Onion (sliced)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Chilli Powder
- 2-3 tsp Refined Oil
- 4-5 flakes of Garlic
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- Salt to Taste
- Make a wet paste of Mustard seeds, Cumin seeds and Garlic.
- Wash and peel the outer skin of Ridge Gourd and cut it into small pieces.
- Take oil in a pan and add the sliced Onion to it.
- After the paste turns golden brown, add the cut Ridge Gourd and stir.
- Then add the paste and salt to the pan and stir well.
- Cover the pan with a lid and keep it on low flame.
- Allow it to cook. After 75% of the water dries down, remove the pan from the flame.
The dish is now ready to be served with Rice or Parathas.