Kakharu Phula Bhaja
- 10-15 Pumpkin blossoms (Kakharu Phula)
- 3-4 tbsp Rice Flour
- 4 tbsp Refined Oil
- 4-5 flakes of Garlic
- 1 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder (for washing the blossoms)
- Salt to Taste
- Remove the stems from the blossoms,clean and soak the blossoms in Turmeric water for 5 mins.
- Make a fine paste of Garlic.
- Take the blossoms out of the Turmeric water and keep it aside.
- In a container take Rice flour, Garlic paste, Chilli powder and Salt. Add little water to it and make a semi-liquid batter.
- Heat oil in a non-stick Tawa. Dip the blossoms to the batter one by one and fry them till golden brown.
- After one side of the blossoms turn golden brown turn the other side and fry till golden brown.
The dish is now ready to be served hot with Rice.