Machha Besara (Rohu fish curry)
- 1 big Rohu (or other fresh water fish)
- 1 Potato
- 1 cup Curd
- 5/6 Green Chillies
- 3 tbsp Mustard & Garlic paste
- 1 tsp Turmeric powder
- 3 tsp Mustard oil or any oil
- Pancha Phutana
- Salt to Taste
- Cut the Rohu fish into pieces & wash. Then add some Turmeric powder & Salt & keep it aside.
- Grind the Mustard, 3 Green Chillies & Garlic.
- Peel the Potato & cut into any shape you like.
- Heat a pan in medium flame, add some oil to fry the fish for 4-5 minutes. Then keep them aside in a tissue paper to soak the oil.
- Again add some more oil in the heated pan & add Pancha Phutan & Green Chillies. When it starts crackling, add the sliced potato & fry for 2 mins.
- Then add the Mustard paste, Turmeric powder, Salt & Curd. Allow it to cook for 10-12 mins.
- Add fried fish to the curry & allow it to boil for 2 more mins.
- Garnish with fresh Coriander leaves.
Serve hot with plain Rice.