- 4 ripe Tomatoes (sliced)
- 10-15 Date Palms (seeds removed)
- 10-15 Curry leaves
- A small piece of Ginger (thinly sliced)
- 2 Green Chillies (slit from middle)
- 1 tsp roasted Cumin Powder
- 1 tsp Pancha Phutana
- Salt to Taste
- 1-2 tbsp Refined Oil
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- In a pan add 2 tsp oil, When oil is hot, add Pancha Phutana.
- Once it stops crackling, add Curry leaves, Ginger and Green Chillies and saute.
- Then add Tomatoes, Date Palms and Salt to the pan and mix it.
- Cook until the water from Tomatoes dries up.
- Then add Sugar and stir it until the Sugar dissolves and the mixture in the pan thickens.
- Add roasted Cumin powder and remove the pan from the flame.
The dish is now ready to be served.