It was a massive palace constructed by King of Kanika, Rajendra Narayan Bhanja Deo. It was constructed on an area of 4 acres of land and height of the structure is of 75 feet. It is situated in Rajkanika block and around 50 km from the district headquarter. The beauty of the palace is unbelievable.
Kanika palace is the silent proof of glorious history of Kendrapara. King Rajendra Narayan Bhanjadeo laid the foundation stone of this palace on June 09, 1909. The palace was completed within the time period of ten years. This palace still has some antiques in it.